Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Most Hated Man in America

I read this short article shortly after you both resoundingly agreed that Billy Joel was the absolute worst and thought that you'd both enjoy reading the article.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9175027/billy-joel-released-album-new-songs-20-years-#8212-been-good-legacy

And as a bonus, I've linked another article published four years ago which explains specifically why Billy Joel is so bad.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/the_spectator/2009/01/the_worst_pop_singer_ever.html

2 comments:

  1. First of all, that was a long article. It goes to show your intelligence in comparison to my own. I am a slow reader! I read 65% of it, and fell asleep with my iPod in my hand. I will complete the remaining 35% and finalize my thoughts. I can say this much - I liked what a read. My abhorrence for BJ goes deeper than pop culture criticisms, but it certainly hasn't made it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agreed with the second article more than the first. It is just insulting in the first article when he states that only people who dislike what everyone else likes dislike Billy Joel these days. Please. I can see why people like Justin Timberlake. I think Rihanna has a really good voice. I love to watch The Voice on TV. I almost didn't read the second article with his disparaging comments about Andrew Wyeth in the introduction. But I'm glad I did. Billy Joel is a pompous ass. That article was pure gold.

    ReplyDelete